R10470M SILICONE SPONGE
R10470M silicone sponge rubber is a specification-grade closed-cell silicone sponge that can be used in most gasket applications. This material is flexible and compressible and designed for use in extreme temperature ranges, with excellent weather resistance, compression set resistance, electrical strength, and non-stick properties.
- Capable of meeting AMS 3195 closed-cell specification
- Boeing BMS1-23
- UL-recognized weather seal gasket
- Capable of meeting MIL-R-6130 Type II, Grade B and Grade C/ASTM D6576 Type 2, Grade B and Grade C/MILR46089/ASTM D1056 Type 2, Class A and D
R10470M Silicone Sponge Specifications
|Test Method||Property||Typical Value|
|ASTM D1056||Compression Deflection: psi (kPa)||10 (70)|
|ASTM D412||Elongation: %||150%|
|ASTM D412||Tensile Strength: psi (kPa)||90 (621)|
|ASTM D1056||Compression Set: %||15%|
|ASTM D3574||Density: lbs./ ft.3 (kg/m3)||29 (470)|
|ASTM D471||Water Absorption: %||<5%|
|–||Operating Temperature: (°F)||-100 to +500|
|–||Color||Orange/Tan (Black/Gray is an option)|
|36 in. (914 mm)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|36 in. X 36 in. (914 mm X 914 mm)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Because Grand Rapids Rubber cannot anticipate or control every potential application, we strongly recommend testing of this product under individual application conditions prior to commercial use.
- When using PSA options, surfaces must be clean and free of oil, grease, moisture, dust and dirt. Isopropyl alcohol is good for cleaning the surface. Do not remove liner until tape is in proper position. Avoid touching adhesive surface before application.
- Recommended service temperature of base sponge is -100°F to 500°F (-73°C to 260°C).
10 years after the date of sale for base material when stored in original packaging at temperatures up to 70°F (21°C) and 50% relative humidity (see the applicable data sheets for pressure-sensitive adhesive options).